Terms of Service & Policies
Table of Contents
Terms of Service
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated: 19 May 2020
1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) on which we supply products to you, whether these are services or digital content (“Products” or “Service”).
2. ABOUT THE OWNER AND COMMUNICATIONS
2.1 The owner of this website is Cindy Athaw, Certified Professional Life Coach from the Christian Coach Institute (the “Owner”).
2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by writing to you at the email address you provided to us in your order.
2.4 “writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
2.5 Other information. By using our Service, you agree to subscribe to newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information we may send. However, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link provided in each communication.
In the event that our website provides for online order of physical or digital products, the following terms will apply:
3.1 Information to be provided with your order. When you effect any purchase through our website (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including but not limited to, your credit or debit card number, the expiration date of your card, your billing address, or details of other forms of digital payment and where relevant, your shipping information.
3.2 If we cannot accept your order. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for reasons including but not limited to product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order or other reasons. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected. If we are unable to accept your order, you will be informed in writing.
3.3 Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
3.4 Your obligations. You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete.
4. OUR PRODUCTS
4.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products (including digital contents) on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colors accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colors accurately reflects the color of the products. Your product may therefore vary slightly from those images.
5. OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
5.1 Fee Changes on subscriptions. We may, in our sole discretion and at any time, modify pricing or where relevant, subscription fees for any subscription. Any Subscription fee change will become effective at the end of the then-current billing cycle. We will provide you with a reasonable prior notice of any change in subscription fees to give you an opportunity to terminate your subscription before such change becomes effective.
Your continued use of the Services or Product after a subscription fee change comes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the modified subscription fee amount.
5.2 Changes to Product. We may change a Product:
(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. Unless states otherwise, these changes will not affect your use of the Product.
5.3 Updates to digital content. We may update or require you to update digital content, provided that the digital content shall always match the description of it that we provided to you before you bought it.
5.4 Changes to the Terms. We may amend Terms at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. It is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically. Your continued use of the website following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page frequently, so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you. By continuing to access or use our Service after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you are no longer authorized to use Service.
6. PROVIDING THE PRODUCTS
6.1 When we will provide the products.
(a) If the product is a one-off purchase of digital content. We will make the digital content available for download by you as soon as we accept your order.
(b) If the products are ongoing services or a subscription to receive paid digital content. We will supply the services, or digital content to you at the time of payment, until either the services are completed, or the subscription expires (if applicable).
7. PRICE AND PAYMENT
7.1 Where to find the price for the Product. The price of the Product will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Product advised to you is correct.
7.2 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the Product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the Product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
7.3 When you must pay and how you must pay. Please refer to payment methods on the order page of our website. For digital content, you must pay for the products before you download them.
7.4 What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong, please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we may charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
8. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
9.1 No Refunds on digital contents. We are unable to provide refunds on digital contents. However, you may contact us within 60 days from the date of your Purchase with your requests with your concerns and reasons and we will consider accordingly.
10. PROHIBITED USES
10.1 How you may use the Service. You may use Service only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the Terms. You agree not to use Service:
- In any way that violates any applicable national or international law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the owner of this website (the “Owner” and the Owner’s employee, another user, or any other person or entity.
- In any way that infringes upon the rights of others, or in any way is illegal, threatening, fraudulent, or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of Service, or which, as determined by us, may harm or offend the Owner or users of Service or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair Service or interfere with any other party’s use of Service, including their ability to engage in real time activities through Service.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access Service for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on Service.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on Service or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of Service.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of Service, the server on which Service is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to Service.
- Attack Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Take any action that may damage or falsify the Owner’s rating.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of Service.
11.1 What you must be aware of. We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
12. NO USE BY MINORS
12.1 To whom is the Service intended. Service is intended only for access and use by individuals at least eighteen (18) years old. By accessing or using the Service, you warrant and represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age and with the full authority, right, and capacity to enter into this agreement and abide by all of the Terms. If you are not at least eighteen (18) years old, you are prohibited from both the access and usage of the Service.
13. ERROR REPORTING AND FEEDBACK
13.1 How you can report errors and provide feedback. You may provide us either directly at email@example.com or via third-party sites and tools with information and feedback concerning errors, suggestions for improvements, ideas, problems, complaints, and other matters related to our Service (“Feedback”). You acknowledge and agree that: (i) you shall not retain, acquire or assert any intellectual property right or other rights, title or interest in or to the Feedback; (ii) The Owner may have developed ideas similar to the Feedback; (iii) Feedback does not contain confidential information or proprietary information from you or any third party; and (iv) The Owner is not under any obligation of confidentiality with respect to the Feedback. In the event the transfer of the ownership to the Feedback is not possible due to applicable mandatory laws, you grant the Owner and its affiliates an exclusive, transferable, irrevocable, free-of-charge, sub-licensable, unlimited and perpetual right to use (including copy, modify, create derivative works, publish, distribute and commercialize) Feedback in any manner and for any purpose.
14. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
14.1 What you need to know. Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by us. The Owner has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party web sites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
14.2 No liability for your use of links to other web sites. You acknowledge and agree that the Owner shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third-party web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms of service and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
15. LIMITATION OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
15.1 Disclaimer of Warranty. The Services are provided by the Owner on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Owner makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of their services, or the information, content or materials included therein. You expressly agree that your use of these services, their content, and any services or items obtained from us is at your sole risk. Neither the Owner nor any person associated with the Owner makes any warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy, or availability of the services. Without limiting the foregoing, neither the Owner, nor anyone associated with the Owner represents or warrants that the services, their content, or any services or items obtained through the Service will be accurate, reliable, error-free, or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that the services or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components or that the services or any services or items obtained through the services will otherwise meet your needs or expectations. The Owner hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory, or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for particular purpose. The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
15.2 Limitation of liability. Except as prohibited by law, you will hold us and our officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damage, however, it arises (including attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses of litigation and arbitration, or at trial or on appeal, if any, whether or not litigation or arbitration is instituted), whether in an action of contract, negligence, or other tortious action, or arising out of or in connection with this agreement, including without limitation any claim for personal injury or property damage, arising from this agreement and any violation by you of any federal, state, or local laws, statutes, rules, or regulations, even if the Owner has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage. Except as prohibited by law, if there is liability found on the part of the Owner, it will be limited to the amount paid for the Products and/or Service (up to the proportion of service provided), and under no circumstances will there be consequential or punitive damages.
16. NON-DISPARAGEMENT OBLIGATION
16.1 Your obligation to us. Subject to applicable law, you consent and agree that, at no time, prior, during or after a Purchase, neither you nor any of your respective agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, officers, key employees or directors, shall in any way publicly disparage, call into disrepute, or otherwise defame or slander the Owner, or the Owner’saffiliates, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, attorneys or representatives, or any of their Product or Service, in any manner that would damage the business or reputation of the Owner, its Products or Services or their subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, officers (or former officers), directors (or former directors), employees, shareholders, agents, attorneys or representatives.
17.1 Termination of Service. We may terminate or suspend your account and bar access to Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of Terms. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using Service. All provisions of Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
18. GOVERNING LAW
18.1 Which laws apply to these Terms. These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Mauritius, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
19. WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
19.1 What you need to know. No waiver by the Owner of any term or condition set forth in the Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition. Any failure of the Owner to assert a right or provision under the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
[End of the Terms and Conditions]
Last Updated: 19 May 2020
Last Updated: 19 May 2020
- “Cookies”are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- “Data Processors” or “Service Providers”means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- “Data Subject”or “User” is any living individual who is the subject who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
- “Personal Data”means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- “Service”means the anewforpurpose.com website operated by Cindy Athaw.
- “Terms” shall have the meaning ascribed in clause 1.2 above.
- “Usage Data” is data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
3. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
3.1 What we collect. We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
(a) Personal Data. While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication.
(b) Usage Data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
(c) Location Data. We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Examples of Cookies we use may include:
- Session Cookies:We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies:We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies:We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies:Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
(e) Other Data. While using our Service, we may also collect the following information: sex, age, date of birth, place of birth, passport details, citizenship, registration at place of residence and actual address, telephone number (work, mobile), details of documents on education, qualification, professional training, employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, information on bonuses and compensation, information on marital status, family members, social security (or other taxpayer identification) number, office location and other data.
3.2 Use of Data. We use the collected data for various purposes which may include:
- to provide and maintain our Service;
- to notify you about changes to our Service;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- to monitor the usage of our Service;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions;
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
4. RETENTION OF DATA
5. TRANSFER OF DATA
6. DISCLOSURE OF DATA
6.1 What we disclose. We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
(a) Disclosure for Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (for instance by virtue of a court order or where required by law from a governmental agency).
(c) Legal Requirements. The Company may disclose your Personal Data in good faith where such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; or
- Protect against legal liability.
(d) Other cases. We may disclose your information also:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- where applicable, for the purpose of including your company’s logo on our website or any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent in any other cases;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
7. SECURITY OF DATA
7.1 Limitations to security of data. The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. The Company aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification.You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object.You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction.You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent.You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
We reserve the right to ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
9. SERVICE PROVIDERS
9.1 Access by Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
10.1 Use of analytics. We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
12. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
12.1 What this involves. Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by us. The Company has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party web sites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites. We strongly advise you to read the terms of service and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
12.1 Age restriction. Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 18. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
14. CONTACT US
Last Updated: 19 May 2020